RRO 8.0.1 for Mac now available

David Smith

Dec 15, 2014, 3:59:04 PM12/15/14
to rro...@googlegroups.com
Revolution R Open 8.0.1 for Mac is once again available. We have fixed the problem that caused packages to fail to load. Again, apologies for the inconvenience if you downloaded and used the previous release in the brief time it was available, and thanks to those who notified us of the issue.

This update is labeled "RRO 8.0.1 beta2" and is available for download on MRAN at http://mran.revolutionanalytics.com/download/ . You can verify you have the correct version installed from the R console as follows:

> Revo.version
      _
major 8
minor 0.1-beta2

If you are on a Mac and do not see this output (including beta2) please uninstall RRO and download and install the update.

By the way, the change we made to fix the problem was to build Revolution R Open with the Mac Accelerate framework instead of using Intel MKL. We have benchmarked this new update and it provides similar performance to the MKL, so you shouldn't notice any difference in this regard.

Cheers,
# David Smith

Revolution R Plus

Subscribe to Technical Support & Indemnification for R