data loading

Nathan Pace

Apr 12, 2016, 7:34:30 PM4/12/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
I am running MRO 3.2.3 and RStudio 0.99.893 on Intel Mac OS X 10.11.3 (32 GB RAM, 500 GB free disc space).

From the console in RStudio I can load a 6.8 M row 8 variable file in about 10 seconds using the command               load(file = 'Data/rawData_NoCodes.RData')

When I Knit PDF the markdown file containing that code at line 93

the knit fails with the following message:

Line 92 Error in lazyLoadDBinsertVariable(vars[i], from, datafile, ascii compress, : long vectors not
             supported yet: ../../../R-3.2.2/src/main/connections.c:5626 Calls: <Anonymous> ... <Anonymous> ->
             <Anonymous> -> lazyLoadDBinsertVariable Execution halted

The first two chunks in the markdown file are:

```{r checkpoint, include = F}

library(checkpoint)
checkpoint('2016-04-01')

```

```{r setwd, include = F}

library(knitr)
opts_knit$set(root.dir = '..')
knitr::opts_chunk$set(echo = T)

```
The following libraries are specified:

library(codetools)
library(data.table)
library(dplyr)

Not sure if this is a MRO problem or a RStudio problem.

I am unable to debug this problem.

Nathan

adev...@microsoft.com

Apr 13, 2016, 3:54:00 AM4/13/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Hi, Nathan

I won't be able to debug your problem without having all of the source code.

I would suggest this approach:
  • Systematically attempt to find the root cause of your problem by simplifying your code.
  • If you think the problem is in the load() statement, then create a markdown file that contains only this line
  • Remove the checkpoint() from the markdown and see if this makes a difference
By doing this, you will eventually have either a solution to your problem, or a minimally reproducible example.

If you still can't trace the problem, then please post a minimally reproducible example.

Good luck

Andrie