Selecting interface and threading layer

Milos Miljkovic

May 27, 2015, 12:39:04 PM5/27/15
to rro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I was wondering if there are differences/benefits of setting MKL_INTERFACE_LAYER to ILP64 instead of LP64 on Intel CPU based machines. Also, setting MKL_THREADING_LAYER to intel instead of GNU.

Cheers,

Milos.

Andrie de Vries

May 28, 2015, 7:39:27 AM5/28/15
to rro...@googlegroups.com
I found some information about the differences between ILP64 and LP64 at https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/528353

In short - ILP64 is the more recent library, specifically supporting large arrays with more than 2^32 - 1 elements.

Intel also provides a table with differences between the Intel and GNU threading layer at https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/438606

Regards

Andrie

Milos Miljkovic

May 28, 2015, 8:00:28 AM5/28/15
to rro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andre,

Thanks for the links. I knew the difference between ILP64 and LP64 and Intel's default value is LP64, but was wondering if there were any adverse effects of setting it to ILP64. Also, what peaked my curiosity was that for MKL_THREADING_LAYER default value on Linux (my platform) is 'intel' and RRO uses 'GNU' and both are provided by libiomp5.so.

Cheers,

Milos.