Query Revolution R Enterprise (How to read a csv file; convert to xdf format; and load in Rev-R-Ent)

Amit

Dec 30, 2014, 4:16:47 PM12/30/14
to rro...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am trying to open a large CSV file. 13GB. It is dataset from kaggle competition.

R is not able to open it, so I turned towards Revolution r enterprise. Can you please help as to how can I read a CSV file on my system and can convert it into xdf format and load in Revolution R enterprise to run further analysis.

My file path is "C:\Users\admin\Desktop\Kaggle\dog_1_both_marked.csv"

I tried something like this but got error.

sampleDataDir <- rxGetOption("Kaggle")
inputFile <- file.path("C:\Users\admin\Desktop\Kaggle\dog_1_both_marked.csv", "dog_1_both_marked.csv")
outputFile <- file.path(tempdir(), "basicClaims.xdf")
rxTextToXdf(inFile = inputFile, outFile = outputFile, overwrite = TRUE)
rxGetInfo(data = outputFile, getVarInfo = TRUE, numRows = 100000)
file.remove(outputFile)

Thanks,
Amit

David Smith

Dec 30, 2014, 4:56:28 PM12/30/14
to Amit, rropen
Hi Amit,

This is a good question to ask at the Revolution R Enterprise RevoScaleR forums at

Kind regards,
# David Smith

--
David M Smith <da...@revolutionanalytics.com>
Chief Community Officer, Revolution Analytics  http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com

Revolution R Plus

Subscribe to Technical Support & Indemnification for R

Amit

Dec 30, 2014, 10:53:32 PM12/30/14
to rro...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I will do that, Thank you David.