RRO 8.0.1 for Mac withdrawn

David Smith

Dec 11, 2014, 6:16:43 PM12/11/14
to rro...@googlegroups.com
We're very sorry, but we've withdrawn for the release of RRO 8.0.1 for Mac. It has problems with loading packages. If you have already installed it, we recommend you uninstall it using these instructions:

The 8.0.0 release is still available here: http://mran.revolutionanalytics.com/archives/

We are investigating why this issue did not arise during our testing process so that it does not happen again. We'll notify you here when the issue is resolved and a new download is available. Thanks to those who reported the problems so promptly.

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience.

# David Smith

Revolution R Plus

Subscribe to Technical Support & Indemnification for R

SaS

Dec 12, 2014, 4:35:01 AM12/12/14
to rro...@googlegroups.com
Hi

back to 8.0.0 (using the recommended uninstall procedure). It is less messy than 8.0.1 but some bad mess with packages is still there (while I had no problems when I was using 8.0.0 before the 8.0.1 update) : no more possible to install packages such as caret, randomForest, choroplethr and many more.
I had no other choice than going back to original R

---SaS

David Zeitler

Jan 30, 2015, 11:18:43 AM1/30/15
to rro...@googlegroups.com
What is the status of RRO 8.0.1 for OSX? 8.0.1 is still available for download and it definitely still has problems, at least with dplyr and ggvis packages. I haven't tried others.

David Smith

Jan 30, 2015, 12:07:40 PM1/30/15
to rro...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

We did release an update to 8.0.1 for OS X that fixes the package loading issue. You can download 8.0.1 beta 2 from http://mran.revolutionanalytics.com/download/#download

There is a known issue that affects some packages like igraph (but not, I think, dplyr or ggvis) reporting missing libraries. There's a workaround here:

That issues will be addressed in the next RRO release.

Thanks,
# David Smith

Necati Tereyagoglu

Feb 13, 2015, 12:04:04 AM2/13/15
to rro...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

I have started using the beta 2 version for the last 2 weeks on my iMac. I have scripts around 1300 lines. Every time I try to open my third script, it opens the choose file window but it got stuck on that screen and about 3 or 4 minutes later RRO crashes with a classical rotating rainbow mouse pointer. It can't even reach the folder that contains my scripts where I also set as my directory. It just got stuck with Documents folder selected and don't even show any folders.

I uninstalled it twice and this is the third time I am using it and this still happens. As a side note, mlogit and systemfit packages are loaded at the background. Don't expect it to be related but just wanted to check.

Let me know if there is a known issue and will just uninstall it and keep using the original R platform.

Thanks,

Necati