Question re; timeline for new releases

Sean Wu

Mar 22, 2016, 12:07:30 AM3/22/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Hi,

I have a question for the MRO team: what is the general timeline for new releases of MRO? With R version 3.2.4 released, how long can MRO users expect to wait before MRO catches up with the CRAN version? More broadly, what development steps does the MRO team need to take after a new CRAN version to port (if that is indeed the right term for this type of software development) the CRAN version to the MRO distribution?

Thanks.

Thomas Rodebaugh

Mar 25, 2016, 1:41:45 PM3/25/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
i don't have an answer, but wanted to say that i have the same question. a package that i want to use only works with 3.2.4 (because the version for 3.2.3 didn't work correctly). i'm wondering how long my wait for MRO 3.2.4 might be!

adev...@microsoft.com

Apr 5, 2016, 8:26:53 AM4/5/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Hi, Sean and Thomas

I don't want to comment precisely on the target release date, since I do not want to disappoint if the schedule slips, for whatever reason.

However, I do hope that we can release an update to R Open within a matter of weeks.

The simplified set of engineering tasks is broadly speaking: include the new version of CRAN R, bundle the Intel MKL, update the build for all of the platforms we support, test and release.

The release dates are on a schedule together with the other R engineering work we do, e.g. R Server for SQL, Hadoop, HDInsights, etc.

Thank you for your patience and continued interest in Microsoft R Open.

Andrie

Thomas Rodebaugh

Apr 5, 2016, 9:20:27 AM4/5/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Thanks for the answer! It would be great if that schedule holds;I look forward to the next version!

Mike Gallagher

Apr 6, 2016, 8:06:58 AM4/6/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open

Related question, perhaps.

I am running Ubuntu 15.10 (64 bit) along with R 3.2.4, and can afford to wait.

Am I right in thinking that there is no problem with the later version of Ubuntu?  Message is get is that MRO 3.2.3 installs OK but not the RevoMath.  Your thoughts?

Josée Martens @ Microsoft

Apr 6, 2016, 1:12:16 PM4/6/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Hi Mike,

While we don't support 15.10 explicitly, can you tell us more?  What happens when you try to install RevoMath?  Can you share any error messages?

Thanks,
Josee