Rook: Brewery: redirect error in browser

Sven Hartenstein

Jan 23, 2015, 12:58:51 PM1/23/15
to rr...@googlegroups.com
Dear rook users,

I have a rook application using Builder:

app <- Builder$new(Brewery$new(url="/brew", root="."),
Redirect$new("/brew/index.rhtml"))
s <- Rhttpd$new()
s$add(app=app, name="datamonitor")
s$start()
s$browse("datamonitor")

The files are on a network share. Two computers run the very same
script.

It all works well with a windows computer running R 3.0.2 and Rook
1.0-9. It does not on the second computer with a new installation (R
3.1.2 and Rook 1.1-1). s$browser(...) results in the browser showing a
endless redirection error (firefox does, IE is more general about not
being able to load the page or so; I do not have the english wording
of the error I am sorry). I assume that somehow the file
"/brew/index.rhtml" is not "found" and thus Rook redirects to the URL
repeatedly. Could that be?

Any idea what could be the problem? Or how I could find out?

I tried an example Rook app without using Builder/brew. It works on
both machines.

I tried giving a wrong URL, say to "/brew/test.rhtml". This is
redirected correctly, i.e. the correct URL appears in the location
bar. Then the same error appears.

I tried with firefox and IE, so I guess it is not a browser issue.

I tried copying the files to the local drive, same error.

Also, I checked that root="." should be right. At least I did setwd()
and checked with list.files(). However, I am not sure how to set an
absolute path correctly. Would it be root="C:\\path\\datamonitor\\"?

I appreciate any help.

Best,

Sven

Sven Hartenstein

Feb 6, 2015, 2:34:50 AM2/6/15
to rr...@googlegroups.com
Dear rook users,

I "solved" the problem by using the older version 1.0-9 of Rook. It
works perfectly then. (To double check, I did update.package() on Rook
without changing anything else and the same error appeared again. Back
to 1.0-9 again and it works.)

(I also tried using an older version of R before, which did not help.
So now I am using R 3.0.2 IIRC and Rook 1.0-9.)

Sven

Jeffrey Horner

Feb 6, 2015, 7:02:51 AM2/6/15
to rr...@googlegroups.com
Crap! I'll take a look at the difference between the current version
and 1.0-9. Thanks for the update!