Problem with Rook use in CRAN package

Richard Morey

Nov 24, 2012, 11:49:55 AM11/24/12
to rr...@googlegroups.com
Strange document root paths are showing up in CRAN builds of a package I'm working on. Here are the details:

No one has responded on R-devel yet; does anyone here have any insight?

Thanks,
Richard

Jeffrey Horner

Nov 26, 2012, 11:55:02 AM11/26/12
to rr...@googlegroups.com
What are CRAN builds of a package? Are they source or binary? Have you submitted them to CRAN and are you then downloading them?

Regardless, the 'root' you are referring to is a field located in the Rook::File class which Rook::Static uses.

Jeffrey Horner

Nov 26, 2012, 12:01:04 PM11/26/12
to rr...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I see this is a Mac CRAN binary. You might want to send an email to R-SIG-Mac.

Jeffrey Horner

Nov 26, 2012, 12:08:36 PM11/26/12
to rr...@googlegroups.com
And I think I understand the problem. You are defining a Rook app which gets evaluated during build and which of course sets the root. root will never change after build. Just replace aovApp with a function that returns your app like so:

aovApp <- function(){

    Builder$new(
   )
Message has been deleted