Redshift standallone - Cuda Devices

Andreas Böinghoff

May 29, 2017, 5:47:55 AM5/29/17
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
hey there,

if we rendering redshift standallone from houdini. everything works fine except the assignment of the cuda devices.

the command line is setuped like this:

CommandLine=  "<Exe>"
"<Scene>"
-oip "<ImageDir><EL<PD>>"
    <Gpu0 -gpu 0>
    <Gpu1 -gpu 1>
    <Gpu2 -gpu 2>
    <Gpu3 -gpu 3>
    <Gpu4 -gpu 4>
    <Gpu5 -gpu 5>
    <Gpu6 -gpu 6>
    <Gpu7 -gpu 7>
<AdditionalCommandlineParam>
<ClientConfigParam>

That means, that the client renders with every graphics card in the machine on every thread.

If I try to use the variable RsCudaDevices: <GpuList> I get the wrong syntax. Redshift needs the token -gpu X. Is there a custom variable that gives me the right syntax with the available cuda device on the machine?

RR, Schoenberger

May 29, 2017, 8:44:34 AM5/29/17
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com
Hi

>That means, that the client renders with every graphics card in the machine on every thread.

The <GPU0  > switch should be controlled by the settings in rrConfig for the machine.
I have logged a bug that this switch does not seem to work.

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

May 29, 2017, 8:51:44 AM5/29/17
to Royal Render Knights Tavern, schoen...@royalrender.de
Cool! Thanks for looking at this. Currently all jobs were rendert with all gpus enabled.

R 6| >"C:\RR_localdata\renderer_exe\redshift\win_x64\Redshift-2.5.13\bin\redshiftCmdLine.exe" "C:\RR_localdata\cachedscenes\...\S020_Complete.v1.0001.rs" -oip "C:\RR_localdata\renderout\B\...\Complete" -gpu 0 -gpu 1 -gpu 2 -gpu 3 -gpu 4 -gpu 5 -gpu 6 -gpu 7

In my case the log says:

R 10| Invalid GPU ID 3 specified. Ignoring

R 11| Invalid GPU ID 4 specified. Ignoring

R 12| Invalid GPU ID 5 specified. Ignoring

R 13| Invalid GPU ID 6 specified. Ignoring

R 14| Invalid GPU ID 7 specified. Ignoring

and every thread starts with the maximum devices possible.