c4d + arnold texture paths

Andreas Böinghoff

Mar 23, 2016, 12:53:33 PM3/23/16
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
hey,

we are new to rendering with arnold in c4d.
If our artists submit a file from an Mac OS with the build in c4d renderer to win machines everything works fine. If they submit a c4d file with arnold, the texture paths were not remapped properly. Is it possible to say rr to also remap the used textues?

C   9| Error in this log file (145): c4dtoa | 00:00:00 1246mb error| [texturesys] openimageio could not open "\volumes\path\testl.tx" as tx: could not open file: \volumes\path\testl.tx: cannot open

C 10| Error in this log file (148): c4dtoa | 00:00:00 1246mb error| [texturesys] invalid image file "\volumes\path\testl.tx"

C 11| Error in this log file: rendering failed: saving failed

C 12|

C 13| Error found in this log

C 14|

RR, Schoenberger

Mar 23, 2016, 5:30:38 PM3/23/16
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com
Hi

RR cannot change the texture paths within Cinema4D files as the file format is not open and as Cinema4D does not allow to execute scripts in batch mode.

I assume the difference is that the texture paths have been relative to the scene file. (same folder, subfolder).
This way you can render Cinema4D scenes on all OS.
I do not know if Arnold does not support it or if your textures are now in a different location.

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

Mar 30, 2016, 3:24:58 AM3/30/16
to Royal Render Knights Tavern, schoen...@royalrender.de
when we collect everything in the tex folder everything works as expected.

One other little annoying thing: with Softimage and Arnold we had many "crashes" when the client got no renderlicense. Now we have the same problem with c4d. The clients try to render, sometimes they get a "error checking out license for arnold" error. After X times the clients get deassigned from the job and the sequences were not finised the next morning. Is it possible that license errors do not lead to client deassignment from a job?

andy

RR, Schoenberger

Mar 30, 2016, 6:23:13 AM3/30/16
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Should be possible.
Please send me a render log snipplet with some lines around that error.

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

Please copy the attached file into the two folders
render_apps\_config\
render_apps\_config\rr_original

3D05__Cinema4d_Arnold.cfg

Andreas Böinghoff

Mar 31, 2016, 2:56:56 AM3/31/16
to Royal Render Knights Tavern, Schoen...@royalrender.de
great! now it works as we expect. thanks a lot!