Maya cannot locate mtoa.mll plugin

Gustavo Braga

Feb 12, 2014, 2:02:44 PM2/12/14
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we are trying to use Maya/Arnold with Royal Render but it´s seems that Maya cannot locate arnold mtoa.mll plug-in, I´m receiving the following error message:

Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/solidangle/mtoadeploy/2014/plug-ins/mtoa.mll

The specified module could not be found.

Error: line 1: The specified module could not be found.

Error: line 1: The specified module could not be found.

(mtoa)

Error: line 0: The camera 'perspShape' has no 'ai_translator' attribute.

Error: line 0: Node "perspShape" has no attribute "ai_translator".

Error: line 0: The camera 'topShape' has no 'ai_translator' attribute.

We have the plugin installed in every computer on our farm. If I start a render locally on the farm computers Maya will find the plugins and it will work ok. I tried to change maya.bat file inserting the local address of the plugin in the end but even with this trick  it´s not locating mtoa.dll

set "MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH=\\Hotel\RRender\render_apps\renderer_plugins\maya\win_x64\2014\plug-ins;\\Hotel\RRender\render_apps\_submitplugins;C:\Program Files\solidangle\mtoadeploy\2014\plug-ins;"

set "MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH=\\Hotel\RRender\render_apps\renderer_plugins\maya\win_x64\2014\scripts;;"

set "MAYA_MODULE_PATH=\\Hotel\RRender\render_apps\renderer_plugins\maya\win_x64\2014\modules;;"

set "MI_CUSTOM_SHADER_PATH=\\Hotel\RRender\render_apps\renderer_plugins\maya\win_x64\2014\mentalray\include;\\Hotel\RRender\render_apps\renderer_plugins\maya\win_x64\2014\mentalray\lib;;"

set "MAYA_RENDER_DESC_PATH=\\Hotel\RRender\render_apps\renderer_plugins\maya\win_x64\2014\rendererDesc;;"

Thanks

Gustavo Braga

RR support, Schoenberger

Feb 12, 2014, 2:25:08 PM2/12/14
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

> Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program
> Files/solidangle/mtoadeploy/2014/plug-ins/mtoa.mll

The error message is not that it can not find the module.
It cannot load it.

It does not find a required DLL.
Please try to add the MTOA_BASE\bin to the PATH variable in Maya.bat.

Note:
There was already a section in maya.bat for MtoA.
But you can ignore it, having that prepared section in the maya.bat
has no influence.

Otherwise, for anyone setting up MtoA on the faram, please see:
www.RoyalRender.de/help/index.htm?Renderer/3D/Maya/Arnold__sl__Mto/Arnold__sl__MtoA.htm#Farm-wide_Install

Holger Schönberger

Please use our support system for new questions:
http://www.royalrender.de/support/