rrdbot 0.9.6 released

Stef Walter

Oct 30, 2009, 8:26:08 PM10/30/09
to rrd...@googlegroups.com
Release version 0.9.6

This is primarily a quick bug fix release to fix some of the issues
with 0.9.5. In particular it didn't like to run in FreeBSD jails
very well.

- Fix build problems on FreeBSD.
- Allow failure for listening on sockets, as long as one
listen socket works.

Cheers,

Stef

shriram m

Jan 17, 2013, 12:56:26 AM1/17/13
to rrd...@googlegroups.com, st...@memberwebs.com
Hi Stef,

          Is there any provision for adding timestamps with the error logs in rrdbotd tool.. Because we are using rrdbotd tool but it it not giving the timestamp with error logs. Once starts executing it runs as a daemon and read mib values from mib folder. We can't control the execution and adding logs to error logs. Could you please help me in this.?

Thanks,
Shriram

Stef Walter

Jan 17, 2013, 7:12:00 AM1/17/13
to shriram m, rrd...@googlegroups.com
On 01/17/2013 06:56 AM, shriram m wrote:
> Hi Stef,
>
> Is there any provision for adding timestamps with the error
> logs in rrdbotd tool.. Because we are using rrdbotd tool but it it not
> giving the timestamp with error logs. Once starts executing it runs as a
> daemon and read mib values from mib folder. We can't control the
> execution and adding logs to error logs. Could you please help me in this.?

How are you performing the error logging? rrdbot sends messages to
syslog and syslog writes out timestamps by default.

Cheers,

Stef

--

st...@thewalter.net
http://stef.thewalter.net

shriram m

Jan 18, 2013, 5:12:06 AM1/18/13
to rrd...@googlegroups.com, shriram m, st...@thewalter.net

Thanks Stef...

 Before sending to syslog we are redirecting the output to some file. Thats why we are not getting the timestamp with logs.

thanks
Shriram