FD2022

Dave Bates

Jun 13, 2022, 7:48:05 PM6/13/22
to Nathan Leigh, William Mesko, rrars_em...@googlegroups.com

RRARS FIELD DAY UPDATE - Revised

Hello,

The 2022 RRARS Field Day operation at Rolla Lions Club Park on June 25-26 is slowly taking shape.

We will be operating class 3A with three transmitters at 100 Watts or less.

I will bring one complete HF station, including portable power, antenna and shelter to use as a CW operation.

Louis, AIØLM, has volunteered to captain and set up a second HF station. I am not sure what mode he intends on running, but I'm guessing he will run a digital station.  Thank you, Louis !

Nathan, ACØMZ, has also offered to captain a third station on Saturday. This station will probably be a SSB station. His radio and transmatch will be leaving with him Saturday night. He will leave his shelter, furnishings, antenna, and solar battery- backed power. So, we will need another radio to operate through the remainder of the event. Nathan will return for tear down on Sunday afternoon. Thanks, Nathan !

Food and drink will  be on an OYO basis. Bring your coolers !

Three things that I would suggest are:

1)  Take time to review US and Canadian callsign structure to make copying callsigns easier.

2)  Learn the standard alphabet phonetics.

3)  Familiarize yourself with the US and Canada section list.

Setup will start as early as you want to on Saturday.  I will be there no later than 830 AM. The park will be closed to the public as preparations for the Lions Club Carnival will be underway.

That being said, we may be able to spread out a little.  We have exclusive limited access to the park via the rear entrance.

The actual Field Day event starts at 1 PM Saturday June 25 and and concludes at 1 PM Sunday afternoon, June 26.

*** We will need operators to man the premises for security reasons during the overnight hours.

As FD draws closer, should the weather forecast look unfavorable, we may cancel the event.

***Most important - if you haven't already, please let me know NOW whether you will participate ( or not )and to what extent.

We need operators, especially overnight through Sunday afternoon !

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Dave Bates, KF0XQ
--
Dave Bates