Fwd: 2022 Nixa ARC Hamfest - Saturday, November 12, 2022!!

1 view

Joseph A. Counsil

Oct 3, 2022, 7:41:11 AM10/3/22
to RRARS Google Group RRARS

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 2022 Nixa ARC Hamfest - Saturday, November 12, 2022!!
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 22:05:07 -0500
From: James Adkins <adkins...@gmail.com>
To: Group

Good evening everyone

The Joplin hamfest has passed and now it's time to start planning for the next hamfest in Southwest Missouri and the last one of the year!  We are looking forward to a great hamfest and would be excited to have you there also!

To download the hamfest flyer, click on 2022 NARCfest Flyer

https://smlrs.files.wordpress.com/2022/10/narcfest-2022-flyer_revb.pdf

Doors open at 8:30 a.m. and we have some exciting events lined up for you already.  Associated Radio, D&L Antenna and Ham Crazy will be on site for all your new equipment needs.  If you’re in the market for used gear, you’re also in luck!  We will have about 25 tables available for used equipment with 1/2 of those already rented and the hamfest still a little over 6 weeks away.  So if you have some used gear to sell, please email us ASAP before the tables are gone at ham...@nixahams.net

At 8:30 a.m., Rob Huelga, W3LGA, and members from the Nixa ARC VE team will be holding a VE testing session in the upstairs conference room area.

We will again have TWO great forums for this year’s event! At 10 a.m., the first forum will focus on POTA (Parks On The Air) – how to activate a park and what equipment to consider. Dennis Kimrey, W0HL, and Roger Worley, KE0OMJ, and possibly a third person will present and hold a Q&A panel afterwards for those with POTA questions. The second forum at 11:30 a.m. by Eric Presser, KD0CEN, will focus on using the NanoVNA to check and build your station and mobileantenna systems!

If  you want to catch breakfast, a morning snack or lunch, the Barnhouse Grill will be open and serving coffee and food throughout the event at their on-site restaurant.  Since the restaurant is located inside the hamfest venue, you won’t even have to leave the facility for your breakfast, lunch or snack attacks!

There is plenty of parking on site – you will be able to park on the East, West or North parking lots around the building with handicap access to the forum / VE testing area on the West side of the facility.  To streamline entry, the entry cost is $10.00 and that gives you 2 chances at hamfest prizes.  And, if you would like to purchase the Super Ticket for $20.00, that gives you 20 chances to win!!!!  We have over $1500 in prizes to give away courtesy of DX Engineering, Alpha Antenna, N3FJP and the ARRL and prize radios and equipment purchased by the Nixa ARC.

Remember:  All funds from the hamfest go to support the Southwest Missouri Linked Repeater System (SMLRS).  Last year we avertised that we were hoping to add a couple of repeaters to the network to fill in the coverage of the system should it be needed for a regional ARES activation or as a backup for / supplemental communications medium for the regional SkyWarn network. Thanks to your support we were able to add the 145.290-, PL 100.0 Hz Taum Sauk repeater to the link system in March 2022 to expand coverage to our East and we upgraded the 147.060+ PL 162.2 Hz Bolivar repeater in August 2022 with a new 9 dBd gain antenna system and 7/8″ heliax with hopes of adding it to the SMLRS in the near future providing the SMLRS coverage between Springfield and Clinton and beyond! This year we have an opportunity to add a repeater to expand coverage to the West into Kansas and NE Oklahoma and hope to raise funds to support that repeater system. If you would like to make a donation above and beyond your admission ticket or “Super” ticket purchase, you can do so at the hamfest or anytime online by sending it to pay...@nixahams.net and with the donation leave a note stating “SMLRS westward expansion”

If you’d like a visual representation, click on the following: Barnhouse Event Center location

Please help us out by passing this along to your friends, clubs and other ARES / RACES / MARS / CAP Groups that you think would be interested in attending our hamfest.

73 & we hope to see you at NARCfest 2022 on Saturday, November 12th!

James Adkins, KB0NHX
Hamfest Committee Chair - Nixa Amateur Radio Club, Inc. (K0NXA)