Fwd: Volunteers Needed for Berryman Adventure Race on May 18

Dave Bates

Apr 17, 2024, 2:33:12 PMApr 17
to rrars_em...@googlegroups.com
Reach out to Ron if you’re interested.

Dave Bates

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <r...@na0q.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 12:03 PM
Subject: Volunteers Needed for Berryman Adventure Race on May 18
To: Dave Bates <kf0...@gmail.com>

Dave,

Could you pass this on to the RRARS email list?

We are still in need of volunteers to help with communications for the
2024 Berryman Adventure Race.  It is taking place on Saturday, May 18th
in and around Echo Bluff State Park near Eminence.  There is limited
cell phone coverage in this area and the race depends on hams for
communications.  The event starts at midnight, but the primary need for
hams will start around sunrise and last until Saturday evening around
8-9pm.

Net Control will be in the lodge at Echo Bluff. Radio operators are
primarily need as rovers to drive around the course to check on the
staffed checkpoints, deliver supplies, pick up dropped racers, etc.
Some volunteers might act as relay stations at strategic locations, as
well.   The majority of roads we will be using are paved or maintained
gravel, but there are some back-roads and trails that would be better
suited to 4WD/AWD vehicles with some ground clearance.

No experience with race communications is required, and I have loaner
equipment for volunteers who need a mobile radio or mag-mount antenna.

If you're interested in helping, please fill out the volunteer form
(link below).   You can sign up for specific time slots and communicate
any specific needs, such as running water, shelter, etc.

Volunteer sign-up form: https://forms.gle/15JdKY3SyENB1u9N6

Race web site:
https://www.adventuresignup.com/Race/MO/Eminence/TheBerrymanAdventure

Please contact me at r...@na0q.com with any questions.