RRARS Field Day 2023

Dave Bates

Jun 11, 2023, 10:45:16 PM6/11/23
to rrars_em...@googlegroups.com
Field Day 2023 is JUST around the corner!

Please read the entire announcement, and then get back to me with your replies …

The club will be setting up starting about 9 am on Saturday, June 24th and will begin operations starting at 1 pm local time and operate until 1 pm on Sunday, June 25th at 1 pm when we’ll begin tear down.

Location:  This year we’ll be at the Bray Conservation Area located off of Bridge School Road three miles southwest of the Rolla city limits.

We plan on operating 3 full time stations on HF and all 3 will be operating indoors in air-conditioned comfort.  We will initially start out running three different modes - CW, SSB, and Digital.

I have three individuals volunteering to bring radios for this event. Gary KF0TW - CW - Yaesu FT450, Dave KFØXQ -SSB - Icom 738 with MFJ tuner, Joe KB7AVT - Digital - Icom 7300.

And I believe each of us will have a Windows laptop loaded with a logging program to use.

Please understand that if you volunteer to bring a radio station, you must be willing to allow others to operate it.

In turn, If you are using borrowed equipment that’s not yours, you are expected to operate it with a high degree of responsibility and care.

I will provide a 40 meter Delta loop for the CW station. I believe Joe is bringing his own antenna.  Joe, please confirm what you will bring. I will provide whatever antenna everyone wants for multiband ops on SSB, I.e. another Delta, Dipole, Bazooka, whatever.  At this point, let’s agree to one antenna per station.

I believe emergency power sources are covered. I will bring solar panels and battery, Louis will furnish panels and batteries. Joe will bring his own power source.

Even though the ARRL says it’s not a contest, it’s a contest 🙂.  We’d like to score better than other 3A groups in the state and score well among other regional and nationwide 3A stations.

Soooo, I am also looking for some operators to make some contacts, especially during late night and early morning hours.  If you want to get in on the action and help rack up the score, email me with the time frame you can attend.

At this point, food and drink is an “On Your Own” affair.  If there is anyone in the group that’d like to help set up a meal Saturday evening, please let us know as well and perhaps we can grill on site, or send out for carry out.

73,

Dave Bates, KFØXQ
Interim President and FD23 Chairman
--