RRARS FD24 INFORMATIONAL LETTER

Dave Bates

Jun 13, 2024, 12:16:45 PMJun 13
to rrars_email...@googlegroups.com, rrars_em...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everyone !

Following are the details for the RRARS Field Day 2024.

Location: Rolla Lions Club Park, Pavilions 15 and 16
Address: 1061 South US Highway 63, Rolla, Missouri 65401
* You may access the park from Highway 63, after hours access will be available from Lions Club Drive. *

SCHEDULE:
Friday, 21 June
8 AM - - Antenna Setup and Strategic Planning.  Three wire antennas. No additional help is needed.

Saturday, 22 June
8 AM - - Shelter and Equipment Setup.  Additional help is always appreciated.  This mostly involves following instructions. This involves setting up 3+ shelters, carrying equipment and furnishings, set up 3 operating positions, and prepping for dinner/picnic.

1 PM - - Field Day event begins !! There will be three op positions (3A), two will be SSB/CW, and one will be SSB/Digital. Power output will be 100W or less.

5 PM - -  Picnic Dinner.  The Club will provide Hamburgers, Bratwurst,  Buns, Drinks, Paper Plates, Paper Cups, Utensils. I will bring charcoal and related cooking supplies.
1)  I am asking participants to bring a covered dish and/or dessert to share. Suggestions: Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, Green Salad with dressing, relish tray, and desserts. Please provide a means to keep these items refrigerated on premises, so bring your coolers and ice !

2)  If someone wants to furnish condiments, that could be your picnic contribution, so reach out to me.  That would include ketchup, mustard, chopped onion, relish, dill pickles, BBQ sauce, and whatever else you like.

3)  The picnic is open to all participating operators, spouses, and kids.  In other words, I am asking that those that attend the picnic to plan on operating radios for a period of time.

4)  For the purposes of planning, I need a rough count on the number of participants and what you intend on bringing, and hours that you are available for operation.  It is up to you, the participants, to make this a successful event !

Sunday, 23 June
AM - - Breakfast is an OYO arrangement.  I may send out for Wendy's biscuits or something along those lines.

1 PM - - Conclusion of  the Field Day operating event.
We will shut down, tear down, and vacate the park.   Help is always appreciated. Teardown takes no longer than 90 minutes.

Please reach out and let me know how you plan to help. Thanks !!

This event is subject to cancellation if there is a high incidence of severe weather during this weekend.

Dave Bates, KF0XQ
Field Day Chairman