render usd from sub lopnet in houdini

Damien KERAUDREN

Apr 19, 2024, 11:09:31 AMApr 19
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
I'm encountering an issue while attempting to render USD files from a SOP-level HDA in Houdini, which contains a usr_rop within a LOP network. The problem arises with the htorr parser, specifically showing an error message: "'SopNode' object has no attribute 'stage' at line 202 in RR_ROOT\render_apps\_submitplugins\Houdini\python3.10libs\htorr\rrnode\rop\rr_usd.py".

Is there an alternative method for exporting USD files from Houdini to render usd, aside from using a USD ROP within the default LOP context?

Best regards

RR, Schoenberger

Apr 20, 2024, 12:12:43 PMApr 20
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

> Is there an alternative method for exporting USD files from Houdini to render usd

So far all scenes we and customers had tested worked.

The usd_rop can be somewhere in /out or in /stage.

If you can upload a test file, I can log a bug.

In the meantime, does it work if you add another usd_rop in /out?

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

Damien KERAUDREN

Apr 22, 2024, 11:52:02 AMApr 22
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hmm maybe they changed something in the houdini 20 api

I tried in rop and lop context and still have an error

If I put a usd_rop node in lop context (/stage/usd_rop1) and I right click -> Submit to RoyalRender I get a similar error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "RR_ROOT/render_apps/_submitplugins/Houdini/python3.10libs\htorr\submit.py", line 57, in submit
    submission = parse_nodes(rops)
  File "RR_ROOT/render_apps/_submitplugins/Houdini/python3.10libs\htorr\submit.py", line 164, in parse_nodes
    rn.parse(p)
  File "RR_ROOT/render_apps/_submitplugins/Houdini/python3.10libs\htorr\rrnode\base.py", line 282, in parse
    if not self.archive:
  File "RR_ROOT/render_apps/_submitplugins/Houdini/python3.10libs\htorr\rrnode\rop\rr_usd.py", line 202, in archive
    stage = lop.stage()
AttributeError: 'LopNetwork' object has no attribute 'stage'

RR, Schoenberger

Apr 25, 2024, 3:54:28 AMApr 25
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Please try this scene file, does it work?

www.RoyalRender.de/download/support/20.0_USD.zip