rrService Windows Local User Password

Rick Shahid

Feb 5, 2023, 6:39:53 PM2/5/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hi,

When setting up rrService user (on either a server or client deployment) via a new local Windows user and password, how do I tell RR v9.0.02 what the new user password is?

The documentation for rrWorkstation_installer.exe does not have a parameter listed for specifying the rrService user password. It just lists rrUser for the user name.

Thanks.

Rick

RR, Schoenberger

Feb 6, 2023, 6:11:00 AM2/6/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I can see that the setting is missing.

Probably because WorkstationInstaller is primary used with an UI on Windows.

And Linux/OSX do not require a PW.

Please use -rrUserPW [Password]

The functionality will be added.

As it is a tiny change, I assume tomorrows version has implemented it.

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

Rick Shahid

Feb 6, 2023, 10:17:55 AM2/6/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Thanks Holger. Much appreciated.