Where to set the sudo PW?

Augustronic

Feb 16, 2023, 4:14:05 AM2/16/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
My server reports
RR note: NO password was specified for the sudo command.
for the creation of mount points.

But I have no idea where to set it.
Where is the setting?

Have a nice day!
Acvhim

RR, Schoenberger

Feb 16, 2023, 4:47:14 AM2/16/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

While we have implemented support for a sudo password into the mount function,

there is no way to configure it for on-premise rrServer/rrClient yet.

Usually the fileserver shares are already mounted via the fstab file.

(Beside via rrCloudManager as new VM images might not have a fstab setup.
And the rrCloudManager has a setting for it)

As you do not mention that the rrServer or rrClient cannot find the output image,

I assume that your fileserver shares are already mounted?

Then I will see why the rrServer reports this message.

You can disable the setting to mount fileserver shares on Linux:
Please open rrConfig, left menu files, tab „Paths and drives“.

In the second section with the drive mappings, uncheck „Linux“  for all shares.
OR:

Uncheck „auto“ in column Mount Point and enter the mount point as you have set it up on Linux.
Then the rrClient/rrServer verifies if it is mounted and reports an error in the app log if not.

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

Augustronic

Feb 16, 2023, 4:54:18 AM2/16/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Ah, OK!