Project Render Priority

Francois Kruger

Feb 25, 2022, 5:04:33 AM2/25/22
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hi,

Let's say we have 3 projects so we make 3 render groups. Then we send jobs to each of the groups. Is there a way for RR to work like "If I have no jobs running in my group, then let other groups use my nodes"?

It would be awesome to have a Project A group, and when it has no jobs, it lets other groups use its nodes. But when it receives a job, it will pull those nodes back and use them.

Not sure if I'm communicating this clearly?

Thanks for your time as always!
Francois Kruger

RR, Schoenberger

Feb 25, 2022, 5:22:12 AM2/25/22
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

In RR you do not use fixed groups for this kind of stuff.

There is for example the „average clients“ feature that each project gets the same ammount of clients.

This ends the priority war between projects.

If there is a project with a deadline in 2 days, then you can priorize a project globally.

(„Exclusive“ setting.  E.g. project XY gets all clients OR it gets at least 10 clients)

Or priorize it on specific clients.

(„preferred for“ setting. E.g. client XY gets jobs of render app „Nuke“ first)

Please read this help page section „Render Order“

http://www.royalrender.de/help/Jobs.html

If you have more questions about the priorities in RR, don’t hesitate to ask.

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.