Configuration file per Project and per Software.

Dimitri Marquette

Jan 12, 2023, 4:14:27 AM1/12/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hi,

I wanted to know if it was possible to configure/enable an option only if project and software conditions are met.

Example:

I want to enable a post script that is called "my_post_script.cfg" only when project is "MyProject" and software is "Nuke".

Do you know if it's possible?

Best regards,

Dimitri

RR, Schoenberger

Jan 12, 2023, 4:36:55 AM1/12/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Project settings:

Please submit something of that project.

Once the rrSubmitter is open, open Menu Defaults/Edit via UI.

If you want to create an override per project, then please edit the project settings.

On the right enable the filter and enter a part of your post-script name.

Check override and enable it.

Then about Nuke:

The settings in the rrSubmitter states a config line like

PPmy_post_script=1~1

Copy that one.

Create a file  render_apps\_config\C13__Nuke____global__inhouse.inc

Add the line.

About 1~1:

The first 1 allows the user to change the setting in rrSubmitter/rrControl.

The second 1 enables  the setting.

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

Dimitri Marquette

Jan 12, 2023, 9:54:43 AM1/12/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hi Holger,

Thanks for the reply and feedback. I understand the concept of cfg files order and override but I was not explicit enough with my request.

For this project, I will use Nuke and also Houdini.

I want the postscript to be enabled only when the project is  MyProject and tehe software is Nuke. If the software is Houdini then I don't want to it to be enabled. If it's not possible to do so yet, I will filter the projects / softwares within the python post script.

Best regards,

Dimitri

RR, Schoenberger

Jan 12, 2023, 2:18:31 PM1/12/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Ok, a bit more complex:

Enable it for the project.

Allow it to be changed.  (PPmy_post_script=1~1)

And then create a file 3D06__Houdini____global__inhouse.inc

and tell RR that the setting is disabled and not allowed to be changed for Houdini

PPmy_post_script=0~0

For archive renderings (.ifd, .ass), create the file A00__Archive_global__inhouse.inc

If it gets way more complex than this, then the only solution is an on-submission-script for the rrSubmitter.

There you can access all job settings.

Dimitri Marquette

Jan 13, 2023, 2:06:09 AM1/13/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hi,

I think this method would suit my needs! Perfect!

Best regards,

Dimitri