Help with post jobs

Damien Keraudren

Apr 11, 2022, 9:59:57 AM4/11/22
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hello everyone,
I have done a post job script to delete incomplete frames or not passing technical check, works like I want to.
My only problem is that after deletion of the frames, artists need to manually click the check button in rrControl. How can I trigger a check directly from the post job ?

RR, Schoenberger

Apr 11, 2022, 10:33:54 AM4/11/22
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

You can send a command via python.

Please take a look at this file

RR\render_apps\_prepost_scripts\Finished99__DeleteJob.py

It sends a command to the job.

Just curious:

The rrSequenceChecker post-script does not find the issues with the frame?

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

Damien Keraudren

Apr 12, 2022, 5:46:55 AM4/12/22
to Royal Render Knights Tavern

Hi,

I found the way to send a command to the job, but I'm not sure wich one correspond to the check( I used RRJob._Check, but doesn't seem to work).

rrSequenceChecker is behaving strangely (probably because we are on an old version), I switched the .exe file with a more recent one but missing some dlls. It says that the image couldn't be open and does nothing more.
Furthermore, according to doc, the  rrSequenceChecker do a crop exr and we had some issue in the past because it was slow or removing some metadata.

here is the log with some file path redacted
log_sequenceCheck.txt

RR, Schoenberger

Apr 12, 2022, 6:22:05 AM4/12/22
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

HI

All commands and log message IDs are in enum rrJob._LogMessage.xxxx

http://www.royalrender.de/help/modulerrJob.html

In your case:

rrJob._LogMessage.lCheck

> the  rrSequenceChecker do a crop exr

IF  enabled in the job.

(Even without the rrSequenceChecker, the rrClient might crop it if the job option is enabled)

Note that there are only known issues with the crop and some applications (using the cropped exr)

If you have enabled conversion to EXR 2.0 in rrConfig, tab image format.

> rrSequenceChecker is behaving strangely (probably because we are on an old version),

Yes, you might want to update RR at some time.

The latest rrSequenceChecker is a lot faster and has multiple fixes and improvements (around 50 dev tickets since RR7).

And it supports the latest EXR files.

>It says that the image couldn't be open and does nothing more.

Mixing files from different RR versions is not a good idea if the version is way different.

It can lead to crashes. Even ifo ne app runs, an other could have unknown issues.

Damien Keraudren

Apr 12, 2022, 7:30:53 AM4/12/22
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Okay, thanks for your answers !

We are planning to update rr to the latest version but it's a bit more complicated with the farm fully loaded 24/7 ^^

RR, Schoenberger

Apr 12, 2022, 8:03:40 AM4/12/22
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

> t it's a bit more complicated with the farm fully loaded 24/7 ^^

I would split the farm and test it on some machines and then transfer more and more clients

Damien Keraudren

Apr 12, 2022, 11:55:27 AM4/12/22
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Yeah, it's the what we plan to do, but still need some it time to bring up a new server