Instantly kill a job if it is failing

markeljfp

Apr 29, 2022, 2:11:01 PM4/29/22
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hi all

Is there a way to instantly kill an entire job (rather than a packet of frames) if a certain error appears in the logs?

The following line in the config seems to make no difference (kills the packet but not the job)

permanentErrorSearchLine = nukex_i : All licences  in use

Every time this happens, our licence count gets decremented and brings our comping to a standstill. We need it to immediately disabled the job as a whole to prevent this kind of damage (because the licences take an hour to come back if not done manually).

Reading the Client settings in the help, licenceFailLine and errorSearchLine do not cover it.

Cheers

markel

RR, Schoenberger

Apr 29, 2022, 2:23:27 PM4/29/22
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I am sorry, but this is not possible by default.
And you would need to disable all Nuke jobs, not that one Nuke job only.

(Which is the same as if the Nuke license count in RR is reduced to 0, isn’t it?)

It should be possible with a custom rrServer event plugin.

http://www.royalrender.de/help/Plugins.html

But I would be more interested in fixing the issue.

Do you have more details how it happens?

If all licenes are in use, then it is right to decrease the available number of licenses.

Example:

You have 40 licenses.

10 are in use by artists.

So Nuke fails 10 times in RR and the remaining number of Nuke license in use on the farm is 30.

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

RR, Schoenberger

Apr 29, 2022, 2:25:25 PM4/29/22
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

PS:

One thing to consider with your event plugin:

If you automatically kill all Nuke jobs if there is an temporal issue with the license server.

And if this happens in the middle of the night, then nothing is rendered in the morning.