RR v9.0.01 Server did not return

Augustronic

Jan 30, 2023, 8:43:36 AM1/30/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hello,

I updated RR and I can't connect with rrControl.
I see an empty job list and greyed out clients.

Have a nice day!
Achim

RR, Schoenberger

Jan 31, 2023, 3:49:13 AM1/31/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Is there any recent information in the servers auth logfile RR/sub/log/server…_auth..txt?

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

RR, Schoenberger

Jan 31, 2023, 12:06:25 PM1/31/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I have just seen that you had send a private message.

The issue seems to be the user login verification.

Are all rrControl instances running the RR9 version? (gpu04, gpu19 and gpu18).

Then I see two other issues:
1) The auth error counter is increased for all errors.

Once the limit of 10 (or 15) errors is reached, the connection is blocked for 1 (45) minutes.

The errors should better be counted by machine. This way one machine does not block all other machines.
Will be changed for the next update tomorrow.

2) It states some users that do not have any PW set.
But they seem to be set as login in rrControl.

I have to try to reproduce and analyze the issue a but more.

Augustronic

Jan 31, 2023, 12:28:09 PM1/31/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
2) That's right. we have set no PWs on any user login and it was working fine until now.

RR, Schoenberger

Jan 31, 2023, 12:52:22 PM1/31/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Note that this information is not related to the issue that the empty PW should not trigger the auth message.

Just some thoughts and information:

If you do not set any PW for a user, then anybody could change jobs with the rights of that user.

So why do you require different users?

Any user not in the list has the rights of „Anonymous“.

Any user which should have more rights that the average guy should be protected by a password.

Note that if you set a PW for a user, then it is not required to enter in rrControl IF that user is logged in in Windows.

(and if you have not enabled the „full auth required“ option in rrConfig)

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern

or our support system for new questions.

Augustronic

Jan 31, 2023, 1:38:04 PM1/31/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
This way users can filter jobs by their username.

RR, Schoenberger

Jan 31, 2023, 2:21:58 PM1/31/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

> This way users can filter jobs by their username.

Sorry, but I do not see any connection between the user settings in rrLogins and the user who has submitted a job.
The „user“ filter in rrControl is created by the job list and not by the rrLogins list.

Augustronic

Feb 1, 2023, 4:49:12 AM2/1/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
That's right. I hadn't thought about this the last decade.

Augustronic

Feb 1, 2023, 4:50:09 AM2/1/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
The solution for me is then to add PWs to all users and then upgrade to RR9, right?

RR, Schoenberger

Feb 1, 2023, 5:31:00 AM2/1/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

The solution for me is then to add PWs to all users and then upgrade to RR9, right?

Perhaps and yes

Yes:
RR 9.0.02 will be released today.
Fixes the issue with the empty PW not being accepted
and includes the improvement to count the auth error seperately for each machine.

Perhaps:
You can steal the user rights of someone else if you do not set any PW.
But it will be working without a PW.

RR, Schoenberger

Feb 1, 2023, 9:59:01 AM2/1/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

The empty PW issue takes more time than expected today.

But the other issue that all machines are blocked instead of just one is fixed.

If you would like to update now and update for the last fix tomorrow again:

www.RoyalRender.de/download/support/RoyalRender__9.0.02__updateFrom_9.0.01+.zip

Augustronic

Feb 1, 2023, 10:45:20 AM2/1/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Thank you!!

RR, Schoenberger

Feb 2, 2023, 1:06:58 PM2/2/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

New update packaging is in progress.
Once you see the release note in this Tavern, please download and apply

www.RoyalRender.de/download/RoyalRender__9.0.02__updateFrom_9.0.02.zip

If rrControl is slow on start after the update, then please open rrConfig

and change any setting of any user on and off (just to trigger a save which shows this red box with „u„).

Then save.

Augustronic

Feb 3, 2023, 4:47:42 AM2/3/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
rrServer is sending hundreds of status emails. How can I stop it?

RR, Schoenberger

Feb 3, 2023, 5:21:31 AM2/3/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Please open rrConfig, left menu „Connectivity“.
Tab Email.

Disable the checkbox „Send Emails“.

I do not see any change in this section of the rrServer app in the last months.

But I will try to reproduce the issue that too many emails are send.

RR, Schoenberger

Feb 6, 2023, 11:54:22 AM2/6/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

We found a bug with the SMTP library that we use and one of the SSL email servers we tested.
Sending the email works fine, but then the lib crashes.
That terminates the rrServer exe before it saves that these emails had been send.
RR autostart service restarts server.
And again…

We will replace the SMTP lib.