Render Frame Range Bug

Francois Kruger

Apr 4, 2022, 10:25:48 AM4/4/22
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hi,

I think we found a bug in terms of the frames that RR tries to render. If I want to render the range 1-15, with a step of 8. I would assume we need to render 1 or 2 frames (depending if you round up or down) because:

14 frames / 8 step = 1.75

The problem is that the RR job tries to render 3 frames for some reason. So it renders 2, and then it just hangs and never tries to render the 3rd frame.

Could you guys double check on your side if this is a bug or not? I've noticed that it is an issue on any jobs that end up with a result of 1.75 exactly.

Regards,
Francois Kruger

Francois Kruger

Apr 4, 2022, 10:42:58 AM4/4/22
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Ok just to add more info. It feels like it is happening to a lot of frame ranges. I tried 1-7 with step 8 and same thing. It tries to render 2 frames, forever. The second frame never gets started.

I also tried like 1-11 and 1-9 and stuff like that. It always seems to be adding one too many frames to the job. And then never renders it.

RR, Schoenberger

Apr 4, 2022, 10:51:24 AM4/4/22
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I just tested it with a frame range of 1-15 and a step of 8.

It has rendered frame 1 and 9.

Which render application and which renderer do you use?

Which RR version do you use?

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

Francois Kruger

Apr 4, 2022, 11:02:55 AM4/4/22
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
So here is my XML submission (part of it).
Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 17.00.42.png

And here you can see it is trying to render 3 frames, not just 2.
Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 17.00.24.png

This is the RR version right?
Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 17.02.13.png

RR, Schoenberger

Apr 4, 2022, 11:18:01 AM4/4/22
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

You are using a frameSet.

Theoretically, the frameSet should disable the SeqStep completely.

It is a bug that SeqStep is applied.

Please use either SeqFrameSet (without steps)  1, 8
OR

SeqStart  1, SeqEnd  15, SeqStep  8

Note:

We have an open feature request to add stepping to the FrameSet.

#8492    new/missing     frameset with step  (120-130+2, 140-150 +3,)

Francois Kruger

Apr 7, 2022, 4:54:12 AM4/7/22
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Ok awesome awesome! That explains it then! Thanks for the help as always :).