Send job that does not exists yet on RR

Dimitri Marquette

Feb 9, 2023, 3:45:42 AM2/9/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to force RR to accept a Scene File Name that does not exists yet.

For example:

I want to have 2 jobs:

1 that will render .ass on the farm
1 that will render that .ass file to .exr with the -wait id option

But since the file does not exists yet, it won't let me send job on the farm. I'm aware that I could just to a post script to launch the second job but I was wondering if there is a cleaner way to do this.

Best regards,

Dimitri

RR, Schoenberger

Feb 9, 2023, 5:10:27 AM2/9/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

There are two options:

  1. Create a .xml file with both jobs.
    The rrSubmitter detects that the output of the first job is the same as the scene of the second job.

  2. Use the commandline flag -NoSceneExistCheck
    http://www.royalrender.de/help/rrSubmitterConsole.html

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

Dimitri Marquette

Feb 10, 2023, 3:52:54 AM2/10/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hi Holger,

Finally the XML thing did the trick, but I had to keep in mind that I need to fill the .xml submit file with the .<FN4>.ass sceneName for the kick job to work otherwise the parser.dll would try to load it anyway.

Perfect, thanks a lot for the help.

Best regards,

Dimitri