Feature Request: Pinned Job Log

markeljfp

Oct 6, 2021, 9:27:10 AM10/6/21
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hi

As a wrangler it would be really nice of the section in the top of the Job Logs (left pane) were pinned so we didn't have to keep scrolling to the top to switch from Client Render Logs, and also not lose our place either.

Clipboard03.jpg
I'm often having to jump between the client render logs and the three statistics sets at the top.

For example: checking how long a frame has taken to compare with one in progress, and on what type of machine. It's crucial to deciding if a frame needs to be moved to a different machine or left to finish.

Hope that's a little thing to implement in a (not too distant) future release

Cheers!

RR, Schoenberger

Oct 6, 2021, 12:00:47 PM10/6/21
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I have added it to our rrControl feature request list:

Either
A) New dock-window.
Split dock-window „Job Log“ into  „Job Log“ and „Job Render Logs“.
Disadvantage: It is always seen and not only if you select job logs.
Advantage: You can move it to a second screen.

B) Horizontal splitter
Split current dock-window Job Log with a horizontal splitter.

C) Both. You have B) and if you click a button, it is a new dock- window as in A).

There will be multiple rrControl updates in the next weeks that you can test (seperated from your current rrControl).

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

markeljfp

Oct 14, 2021, 7:29:52 AM10/14/21
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Awesome, thanks!