No Server Connection

Regent University - Tyler

Aug 16, 2021, 3:48:52 PM8/16/21
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hi,

I recently updated my renderfarm to 8.2.45 and I seem to be running into a problem where my clients aren't seeing that the server is running. On Royal render watch its showing that the service is started and the server process is running. But the clients are red in the tray icon, and through the Royal Render Control its showing that there is no server connection. Any help would very much be appreciated as a few weeks ago the farm was working fine on version 8.2.40, not entirely sure what's happened.

RR, Schoenberger

Aug 16, 2021, 4:00:39 PM8/16/21
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Is a firewall running on the rrServer machine?

Can you try to disable it to test if the firewall is the issue?

Does rrControl work if you start it on the rrServer machine?

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

Tyler Leonard

Aug 16, 2021, 4:10:51 PM8/16/21
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com
Thankyou for responding so quickly!

I used the workstation installer for the proper rules and services on the server machine. RR control is giving me this error:

No server connection! [] was found, but rrserver not running or firewall active (port ....)

I have tried to disable the firewall but it seems that I don't have the proper clearance to disable the public or guest networks as that is the only firewall enabled. I have reached out to my system admin, and checking inbound / outbound rules, RR has been added properly.

--
If you reply, the message is send to the user group which is sufficient and desired.
Replying "in private" prevents other users to see the answers and might not be seen by the single receiver if he has email rules in place.

RR, Schoenberger

Aug 16, 2021, 5:53:07 PM8/16/21
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Which OS and version are you using for the rrServer machine?

Francois Kruger

Oct 5, 2021, 6:11:19 AM10/5/21
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Just a note on this, probably an idiot idea haha, but just run rrServerconsole.exe maybe? (that worked for us haha!). We had a case where the server got restarted and it didn't start up by it self.