Local Directory Installation (Windows)

Rick Shahid

Jan 10, 2023, 1:32:29 PM1/10/23
to Royal Render Knights Tavern
Hi,

Is it possible to install RR to a local directory on Windows (i.e., without installing it to a network path)?

When I try to install it to C:\RoyalRender, it errors out with
'C:\RoyalRender\' is not a network path!

I would like to setup a small test environment without a separate network share.

Thanks.

Rick

RR, Schoenberger

Jan 11, 2023, 4:49:58 AM1/11/23
to rrKn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

There are two options:

  1. Create a share to this local folder for the installation.
    You can remove it after installation.

  2. Do not use the Setup application and copy the files yourself from the package.

regards,
Holger Schönberger

Please use the rrKnights Tavern
or our support system for new questions.

--
If you reply, the message is send to the user group which is sufficient and desired.
Replying "in private" prevents other users to see the answers and might not be seen by the single receiver if he has email rules in place.