Converting Allele probs to genotype probs?

CJ Harbort

Aug 10, 2021, 7:21:13 AM8/10/21
to R/qtl2 discussion
I have a dataset of DO mice from a publication, where they have only included the calculated allele probabilities (probabilities for the 8 founder line alleles), but I would like to have the genotypes of the mice at some loci of interest. Essentially I need the reverse of genoprob_to_alleleprob(), so I could then feed this into maxmarg().
Is there a function for this or another workaround? Besides contacting the authors and hoping they can provide the genoprobs :)

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

CJ

Karl Broman

Aug 10, 2021, 7:50:53 AM8/10/21
to R/qtl2 discussion
It’s not generally possible; going from 36 probabilities to 8 dosages can’t be reversed.
Perhaps if the values were all 0 with one 1 (so complete information), but I don’t have a function for it.

karl

CJ Harbort

Aug 10, 2021, 8:14:47 AM8/10/21
to rqtl2...@googlegroups.com
I thought that might be the answer. Thanks anyway for taking the time.
Really impressive work with the package Karl! And amazing effort you put in to all the support.
Best,
CJ

Karl Broman

Aug 10, 2021, 11:49:42 AM8/10/21
to R/qtl2 discussion
Here's a stab at a function if you want to try. It looks for cases where one allele is probability > 1 - epsilon or two alleles both have values > (1-epsilon)/2

karl

CJ Harbort

Aug 11, 2021, 6:55:26 AM8/11/21
to rqtl2...@googlegroups.com