R/qtlDesign new implementation with R/qtl2

Benjamin Van Raalte

Apr 8, 2024, 5:15:32 PMApr 8
to R/qtl2 discussion
Hi all,

I am new to qtl mapping and I have been following along the "R/qtl" book as I do my experimental design: population design, genotyping plan, etc.

The R package recommended for experimental design in "R/qtl" is "R/qtlDesign". However, the "R/qtlDesign" package has not been updated since 2019 and is no longer available on CRAN.

Does anyone have other package recommendations for carrying out the design of experiments for QTL mapping? Or is my best option to run "R/qtlDesign" using an old version of R?

Thanks,
Ben

Karl Broman

Apr 8, 2024, 5:21:17 PMApr 8
to R/qtl2 discussion
Saunak and I are working to get the R/qtlDesign package back onto CRAN.
For now, you can install it via RForge as follows:

    install.packages("qtlDesign", repos="https://R-Forge.R-project.org")

Alternatively, it is cloned to github, and you can install it from there via the remotes package:

    install.packages("remotes")
    remotes::install_github("sens/qtlDesign-RForge", subdir="pkg")

karl

Benjamin Van Raalte

Apr 8, 2024, 5:58:56 PMApr 8
to R/qtl2 discussion
Karl,

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

I'll go ahead and use "R/qtlDesign" then.

-Ben