Is it possible to run a two part model for Scan1?

Aravindh Nagarajan

Jul 20, 2022, 12:43:48 PM7/20/22
to R/qtl2 discussion
Hi Karl,

I am working with data from CC mice, my phenotype has 0's for few lines.
Is there a way to run a two part model in rqtl2 ?
- If i understand it correctly, use a binary model, for zero and one for all other values
- Then, use the least squares for the non-zero values?

Thank you,
Aravindh

Karl Broman

Jul 20, 2022, 5:00:17 PM7/20/22
to R/qtl2 discussion
It's not built in, but you can do a scan with a binary trait model, for a new trait defined by z=1 if y>0 and z=0 if y=0, and then a standard scan for a new trait where values with y=0 are replaced by NAs.

karl