Error in calling qtl2

Ganesh Prasad

Mar 4, 2021, 8:04:07 AM3/4/21
to R/qtl2 discussion
Hello,
I am finding this error in calling qtl2 library

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘qtl2’ in readRDS(nsInfoFilePath):error reading from connection
Can anyone please help me with this.
Thanks.

Karl Broman

Mar 4, 2021, 8:08:35 AM3/4/21
to R/qtl2 discussion
Try reinstalling the package.

karl

Ganesh Prasad

Mar 5, 2021, 4:21:46 AM3/5/21
to rqtl2...@googlegroups.com
Dear Karl,
I am facing the same error even after removing and reinstalling the library in R 4.0.4 ( which I updated after this error).

Karl Broman

Mar 5, 2021, 7:52:20 AM3/5/21
to R/qtl2 discussion
Does it happen with any other package? What operating system are you,on?

This seems like a more fundamental problem, rather than an R/qtl2 one.
Googling “readRDS(nsInfoFilePath):error reading from connection” gets a lot of related problems.

karl

Ganesh Prasad

Mar 7, 2021, 11:04:18 AM3/7/21
to rqtl2...@googlegroups.com
Dear Karl,
I am facing this problem for the first time, may be coincidentally, in win 10(64 bit) os. I would look into the link and let you know if it helps.
Thanks.

Ganesh Prasad

Mar 16, 2021, 8:38:53 AM3/16/21
to rqtl2...@googlegroups.com
Dear Karl,
update.packages() worked for me.
Thanks.
Ganesh Prasad
Ph. D. Scholar,
Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding,
College of Agriculture,
GKVK, Bengaluru-65.