QTL analysis with MAGIC population

Ramesh Bhat

Aug 14, 2020, 6:46:46 AM8/14/20
to R/qtl2 discussion
Dear Dr. Karl,
I have a peanut MAGIC population of 500 lines derived from eight parents with the cross type of risib8.
Is this YAML file okay for risib8?

image.png

Also, I am getting the following error, kindly help

image.png

Kind regards,

--
Ramesh S. Bhat
Professor and Head

Karl Broman

Aug 14, 2020, 8:22:47 AM8/14/20
to R/qtl2 discussion
"crosstype: magic19" is not right, as you said the cross type was risib8.

karl

Ramesh Bhat

Aug 14, 2020, 9:56:28 AM8/14/20
to R/qtl2 discussion
Thanks Dr. Karl.

The data are available as zip file (iron.zipand grav2.zip).

Can I find any such zip file and script file for CC example?

Kind regards,

Karl Broman

Aug 14, 2020, 10:45:47 AM8/14/20
to R/qtl2 discussion
The files are available at the link I gave you, including as a zip file, cc.zip.

karl

Ramesh Bhat

Aug 14, 2020, 12:18:28 PM8/14/20
to R/qtl2 discussion
Thanks. I could download that zip file.
Got the following error

image.png

image.png

What shall I do?

Ramesh Bhat

Aug 14, 2020, 12:40:32 PM8/14/20
to R/qtl2 discussion
Not able to find any cc_pheno.csv in cc.zip. Is this the reason to get the error?

Karl Broman

Aug 14, 2020, 4:16:10 PM8/14/20
to R/qtl2 discussion
These data include no phenotypes. I thought they might be useful to you as an example, to structure your own data.

karl

Ramesh Bhat

Aug 14, 2020, 9:35:53 PM8/14/20
to R/qtl2 discussion
Thanks Dr. Karl.
We have phenotyped the peanut MAGIC population over four seasons. SNP data will be available in about 1-2 months.
Meanwhile, can I get acquainted with the scripts using Arabidopsis 19-way example?
Later, I would like to analyze our MAGIC population for

1.    QTL and marker for the traits

2.    Effects (additive) for the QTL or the marker

3.    PVE for the QTL/marker

4.    Identifying the parent with the allele having higher mean

Kind regards,

Ramesh Bhat

Aug 16, 2020, 11:45:43 PM8/16/20
to R/qtl2 discussion
Dear Dr. Karl,
I am working with ArabMAGIC.  The following function creates the zip file on my Macbook, but not on my Windows desktop.
zip_datafiles(control_file, "gnutmagic.zip")
Does this require any change?

I got the effects with the following function
c2eff <- scan1coef(pr[,"2"], gnut$pheno[,"height"])

What formula does it consider to calculate the effets here? What do they mean?

Kind regards,

Karl Broman

Aug 18, 2020, 6:41:49 PM8/18/20
to R/qtl2 discussion
I can't tell what is going wrong with zip_datafiles() without further information, such as the exact error message you're getting.

scan1coef() estimates effects via linear regression.

karl

Ramesh Bhat

Aug 18, 2020, 11:51:41 PM8/18/20
to R/qtl2 discussion
Unfortunately, it does not show any error, but the zip file is not created.
image.png

Ramesh Bhat

Aug 20, 2020, 7:16:16 AM8/20/20
to R/qtl2 discussion
Dear Dr. Karl,
Can we get the effects and gene annotations for the SNPs using R/qtl2 especially for peanut?
Kind regards,