qtlDesign not available for newer versions of R

Richard Merrill

Mar 8, 2024, 3:39:39 AMMar 8
to R/qtl discussion
Hi,

 I was hoping lot use qtlDesign to run some power analysis, but it seems it is no longer supported for newer versions of R:

"package ‘qtlDesign’ is not available for this version of R"

Is there a good alternative - or do you have any suggestions for running power analyses. Mostly I want to estimate thesis of a BC mating family required to detect QTL of  PVE explained, given a particular map length.

Thanks,

Richard

Karl Broman

Mar 8, 2024, 7:50:46 AMMar 8
to R/qtl discussion
Install the package from github using the package remotes:

install.packages(“remotes”)
library(remotes)
install_github(“kbroman/qtlDesign”)

karl