QTL Analysis: How to Calculate Weighted Average of Linkage Group

Wardah Mustahsan

May 3, 2021, 5:24:17 PM5/3/21
to R/qtl discussion
Hi

Is there a way to calculate a weighted average of each linkage group ? (Get the average distance by the weighted average of each linkage group)

I have looked at some examples with "student grades" example but I am not  completely sure how it would apply to my data.

Can anyone help?

Here is the data:

Karl Broman

May 3, 2021, 5:26:01 PM5/3/21
to R/qtl discussion
I don't understand your question. What distances are you trying to average, and how are you seeking to weight them?
Maybe say a bit more about what your goal is.

Your data folder seems access-controlled.

karl

Wardah Mustahsan

May 3, 2021, 5:48:19 PM5/3/21
to R/qtl discussion
Hi Karl

I changed the access restriction to everyone. Does it work?

The distances I am trying to average is the distance among markers in a linkage group weighing it by the avg distance among markers ( I also averaged the distance among the entire genome)/

Karl Broman

May 4, 2021, 6:09:15 PM5/4/21
to R/qtl discussion
I still don’t quite understand the question or your goal, but it doesn’t seem to have any relation to the R/qtl software.

karl