Rationale behind convert2riself genotype conversion

Nathaniel Burner

Feb 9, 2024, 9:39:00 AMFeb 9
to R/qtl discussion
Hi Karl,

I am working with a RIL population and was considering using the convert2riself function on my cross. I think I can understand why the AB calls would be omitted when BB > AB, but what is the rationale behind converting AB calls to BB when BB < AB? Thank you for the clarification.

Nathaniel

Karl Broman

Feb 9, 2024, 10:46:54 AMFeb 9
to R/qtl discussion
Just trying to guess at which are the correct genotype labels.

Most commonly, the data initially get treated as a backcross, with AA/AB genotypes, so in converting to RIL, we flip AB -> BB.

karl