SSL vulnerability :Birthday attacks against TLS cipher

ravi kumar

Dec 30, 2020, 3:23:54 AM12/30/20
to rqlite
Hi,

I am running rqlite with 3 instances and need to know how to suppress vulnerable ciphers

Thanks
Ravi

Philip O'Toole

Jan 2, 2021, 7:23:33 PM1/2/21
to rql...@googlegroups.com
rqlite runs the standard TLS package that comes with the Go language. I guess what you are really asking is how can you control the value of "CipherSuites" and "PreferServerCipherSuites" in this configuration object:

https://golang.org/pkg/crypto/tls/#Config

I should be able to expose this config, allowing end-users to set it, but I'd like to understand more precisely what you're trying to do. Can you provide more details or examples?

Philip

Philip O'Toole

Jan 2, 2021, 7:25:23 PM1/2/21
to rql...@googlegroups.com
For example, do you want to be able to launch rqlite and have it only use, say, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA?

(From https://golang.org/pkg/crypto/tls/#pkg-constants)