Connection Problem in Classic

Mick Sulley

Feb 28, 2015, 11:01:48 AM2/28/15
to rp...@googlegroups.com
I have several Raspberry Pi's on my local network, mostly with static IP
addresses. I have been using RPyC between static addresses for a while
with no problem. I have just added a new one with dynamic IP and I am
having connection problems with RPyC now.

pi-c is static IP, pi-solar is dynamic IP

On pi-solar
>>> conn = rpyc.classic.connect('pi-c.local') works fine

but on pi-c I get

>>> conn = rpyc.classic.connect('pi-solar.local')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rpyc/utils/classic.py",
line 65, in connect
return factory.connect(host, port, SlaveService, ipv6 = ipv6)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rpyc/utils/factory.py",
line 89, in connect
s = SocketStream.connect(host, port, ipv6 = ipv6)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rpyc/core/stream.py",
line 114, in connect
return cls(cls._connect(host, port, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rpyc/core/stream.py",
line 92, in _connect
s.connect((host, port))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
socket.error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Everything is IPv4. Any ideas what the problem is here?

Thanks
Mick

Mick Sulley

Mar 2, 2015, 3:30:52 PM3/2/15
to rp...@googlegroups.com
Apologies for posting this problem, more investigation and I just
discovered that it was caused by what should have been the most obvious
of situations, I had not started rpyc_classic.py on the other machine.
Dohhhh!!!!
Mick