Got rpyc.utils.factory.DiscoveryError.

Jose Jorge Rodriguez Salgado

Nov 20, 2018, 2:04:08 PM11/20/18
to rpyc
Hi.

I am getting started with rpyc. I am using it to make my Distributed Systems project of the year.

I am running my scripts in Ubuntu 16.04, with python 3.5.2 and rpyc 4.0.2

I want to know why this code doesn't work:

import rpyc

class TestService(rpyc.Service):
        pass

if _name__ == '__main__':
        from rpyc.utils.server import ThreadedServer
        s = ThreadedServer(TestService, port=8080)
        s.start()

Then, after run the above script, I ran this one:

import rpyc
c = rpyc.discover('Test')

And I got the rpyc.utils.factory.DiscoveryError

I dont know why and I hope someone here can help me with this problem
that seems to be easy but I can't fix it. Thanks and sorry for my english.