Invalid Parameter: token_url must be an HTTP(s) URL

lgs

Feb 7, 2010, 9:56:57 AM2/7/10
to rpx_now_gem
Hi,
I've just installed the rpx_now (0.6.12) gem on my new app (Rails
2.3.5) to have a try, followed the README @ http://github.com/grosser/rpx_now,
and googled around for tutorials (finding just this article:
http://railshacks.blogspot.com/2009/02/rpx-now-single-sign-on.html).

All my config tryes, brings me to the same following error :

Invalid Parameter: token_url must be an HTTP(s) URL

but everythings look good to me ..., am I missing somethings ?

I saw the recently released of 0.6.12 gem version, do you think is
related?

Thanks for any help you'd like to show (tutorials pointers are also
welcome).
Bye Luca

Michael Grosser

Feb 7, 2010, 2:44:17 PM2/7/10
to rpx_n...@googlegroups.com
...i think know what happended...rails is so stupid.....url_for does not return an url...gnaaa... ill fix it asap :D
Id like to make the docs better, what do you think is missing in the Readme ?

2010/2/7 lgs <luca....@gmail.com>

--
--Michael

lgs

Feb 8, 2010, 6:08:44 AM2/8/10
to rpx_now_gem

> Id like to make the docs better, what do you think is missing in the Readme

It should be great having a simple working example, out of the box.
I'm thinking to really simple working app, rails template or
generator, linked by Usage section:

- via dedicated branch, see http://github.com/plataformatec/devise/tree/signup
- via public example site--commit, see
http://rails-authlogic-rpx-sample.heroku.com--http://github.com/tardate/rails-authlogic-rpx-sample/
- via rails-template generator, see http://github.com/tsechingho/authlogic_bundle/

I think a click & go example, should lower the entry barrier for very
busy coders, who would like to have a look, but are too busy to get
into the "try and check" cycle.

Best regards
Luca

Michael Grosser

Feb 8, 2010, 8:05:50 AM2/8/10
to rpx_n...@googlegroups.com
Good idea, i think ill make an example app that runson heroku so ppl can see and try without getting their hands dirty :)

2010/2/8 lgs <luca....@gmail.com>

--
--Michael