Janrain without popup?

Brian Cunningham

Aug 18, 2010, 10:11:39 AM8/18/10
to Janrain Developers
Hi all,

I have a quick question that I havent been able to find an answer to
so far: Can I handle the OpenID login without the popup? That is to
say when a user clicks on his provider he is sent to the login page of
his provider without using the popup.

If this is possible could you tell me what parameter I need to set?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide,

BC

Julian Dominguez

Sep 24, 2010, 5:24:58 PM9/24/10
to Janrain Developers
I too have this same issue. I'm creating a log in interface inside a
WPF desktop app which uses the WebBrowser control. What's important,
is that this control does not allow popup windows.
Is there a way I can tell RPX to use redirects instead of popups? I
assume this has to be possible as it is how the majority of OpenID
providers behave.

Thanks in advance,
Julian

Julian Dominguez

Sep 27, 2010, 3:46:54 PM9/27/10
to Janrain Developers
BTW, I switched to the Frame control that does allow browser popups in WPF.
Nevertheless, if there is a better story for authenticating inside a desktop (Windows) app without the need for popups, I'd definitely like to hear it.

Julian Dominguez

Oct 13, 2010, 7:25:02 PM10/13/10
to Janrain Developers
There are tons of other issues when using popups from WPF (using either the WebBrowser or Frame control), so I wonder if there is a way to avoid the popups at all, and always use redirects?
I was planning on possibly getting the Pro version of RPX, but it is currently making our dev efforts harder instead of easier, in the desktop scenario.

Zhila Jamshidi

Oct 10, 2011, 2:10:35 PM10/10/11
to rpx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julian; did you find a solution with WPF? I have problem with return-url, It seems that the popup window can't handle the return url correctly..........I really appreciate your help.