Python Sprint in Reykjavik, June 2013

Alex Couper

May 27, 2013, 11:51:56 AM5/27/13
to rp...@googlegroups.com
As promised, Fred and I are in the process of organising a sprint to take place during the last weekend of June.

We're working on a location in Reykjavik and we'll make sure that the event is catered for (at least partially) in terms of drink (inc. beer if the venue allows) and pizza.

We'd love some feedback from the community about what people want to work on and for how long in that weekend. And indeed whether you want to sprint at all!

If you could answer the 3 questions in the google form below that would help us out loads.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Azq4teteXe584iTz_Cl8mWrcajSwhkZr9jjXm0yPzuM/viewform

Thanks!

Alex Couper

Alex Couper

May 31, 2013, 7:08:48 PM5/31/13
to rp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all of you that responded to the Python sprint proposal.

Apologies to those of you who can't make it due to other commitments (including all of you at CCP who are going camping!). We're aiming to have another sprint later in the year, and we'll do our best to get feedback on dates further in advance next time.

Congratulations to Guðbergur Erlendsson who is having a baby this month - and as a result can't make the sprint. You can't start them too young, so maybe you can bring him/her along to the next one ;)

The consensus for the conference dates and content was:

Sprint details: Friday 28th June - Saturday 29th June
Sprinting on: Python (and possibly Django)

Everyone who has so far said they will come was up for sprinting on python itself. There's a sub group also interested in Django. I suspect when we meet on the evening of 28th we'll decide what we want to do in these areas, but my personal preference would be that any project being worked on would have a critical mass of developers as opposed to a lone ranger left in one land by themselves.

Start time, finish time and location are still TBC. A further notice will be made (hopefully next week) about these.

Please get in touch if you've got any questions at all,

Alex Couper

Alex Couper

Jun 9, 2013, 2:35:00 PM6/9/13
to rp...@googlegroups.com
Sprint update:

Location: Háskóli Reykjavík. M102.
Times:
- 7pm onwards on Friday 28th June.
- 9am onwards on Saturday 29th June.

Closer to the date I'll attempt to get confirmed numbers so we know how much food/drink to get hold of.

Alex Couper

Jun 18, 2013, 12:24:12 PM6/18/13
to rp...@googlegroups.com
It is 10 days until the Python Sprint starts.

Please could you confirm if you're coming to the sprint next weekend (28th-29th June) using the form below, so that we can give Háskóli Reykjavík accurate numbers and make sure we get enough refreshments.

It literally contains 2 questions.

One of which is your name.

Thanks - and hopefully see you there. If not then I hope you have a good summer break.

Alex Couper

Alex Couper

Jun 25, 2013, 6:46:25 AM6/25/13
to rp...@googlegroups.com
3 days until the sprint!

Preparing

It may be in your interest to try and get set up with the right environment(s) to start contributing.

If you have difficulties, I'm sure we'll all have fun helping out on Friday night.

The hope is that people will swarm on projects, but there is nothing stopping you working on some other open source project.

Sponsorship

I'm delighted to announce that Gagnavarslan are sponsoring the event, contributing heavily towards refreshments throughout both days.

Many thanks to them for showing such interest in supporting the Python and OpenSource communities in Iceland.

Details Reminder

Location: Háskóli Reykjavík. M102.
Times:
- 7pm onwards on Friday 28th June.
- 9am onwards on Saturday 29th June.

There are currently 12 confirmed attendees.

If you're planning on coming, please confirm before Friday so that we can have enough food and drink for everyone in the evening.

See you at Háskóli Reykjavík at 7pm!

Alex