The __future__ of RPUG

Alex Couper

Sep 13, 2012, 7:23:12 PM9/13/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com
Really good meeting you all tonight, seems like there's genuine enthusiasm to do more community-related things - which is great!

Wondering whether we could use this thread as a place for suggestions of what we want to be doing as a community.

Couple of suggestions I heard tonight were:

- Have regular meetups
- Meet up in, for example Háskolí and hear from some of us how we're using python etc
- Run some hackathons - complete with beer and pizza - to contribute to python/django/some other project

Please add any thoughts or other suggestions below and we can start moving on these.

And again, very nice to meet you all tonight - if you're on twitter send me your details and I'll watch your every move ;)

Alex

@couperalex