Python meetup?

Alex Couper

Sep 9, 2012, 8:58:19 AM9/9/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm a freelance Python developer living in Iceland but working remotely for a British company.

Doesn't look like this group is particularly active, but in case there is interest, was thinking of having a pybeer sometime with anyone who is interested.

Anyone fancy it?

Alex

twitter: @couperalex

Fridrik Mar Jonsson (Fred)

Sep 9, 2012, 3:07:09 PM9/9/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

Alex and I took the liberty of coordinating an informal meetup on Twitter.  We've come up with a time and place (to save on back-and-forth discussions on the list) so those of you who are interested can join up.

Time: Thursday, 13 September @ 17:30
Place: Den Danske Kro[0], Ingólfsstræti 3

In case there are too many of us (and I'd guess it won't from the reaction thus far), we'll just tackle that issue with the group's collective problem-solving skills. Look forward to seeing you there!

Best,
Fred

Arnar Birgisson

Sep 10, 2012, 3:11:37 AM9/10/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Fridrik Mar Jonsson (Fred)
<frid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alex and I took the liberty of coordinating an informal meetup on Twitter.
> We've come up with a time and place (to save on back-and-forth discussions
> on the list) so those of you who are interested can join up.

Great! Happy to see it happening. I'll join you in spirit from California.

> Time: Thursday, 13 September @ 17:30
> Place: Den Danske Kro[0], Ingólfsstræti 3
>
> In case there are too many of us (and I'd guess it won't from the reaction
> thus far), we'll just tackle that issue with the group's collective
> problem-solving skills. Look forward to seeing you there!

This is due to my glacial speed in tending to moderator requests.

cheers,
Arnar

Eiríkur Nilsson

Sep 10, 2012, 10:55:58 AM9/10/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com
Good idea, I'm in!

- Eirikur

Stefán Freyr Stefánsson

Sep 12, 2012, 5:45:14 AM9/12/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to try to make it as well.

-Stefan Freyr.

Bjarni Rúnar

Sep 13, 2012, 2:02:20 PM9/13/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com

Moved to lebowski bar!

Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson

Sep 12, 2012, 7:08:14 AM9/12/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there, square.
Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson
b...@klaki.net
http://bre.klaki.net/

GPG: 0x3B4199B4 / 61A0 1576 3D28 D410 A87B 1973 2819 1D9B 3B41 99B4

ivar.ra...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2012, 5:34:20 AM9/14/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com
I couldn't make it this time but I would have liked to.  What do you guys think about making this a regular thing.
Perhaps every 3-6 months?

-Ivar

Alex Couper

Nov 6, 2012, 4:40:59 AM11/6/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com
Anyone interested in a meetup a week on Thursday (15th) with the explicit aim of arranging a sprint topic/date and the implicit one of having a beer?

Open for suggestions on location...

Alex Couper

Nov 14, 2012, 8:08:41 AM11/14/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com
I'll be at the Microbar at 6pm tomorrow, Austurstræti 6 tomorrow (Thursday) for anyone who is interested.

Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson

Nov 14, 2012, 1:30:46 PM11/14/12
to rp...@googlegroups.com
I would love to join, but won't arrive until late (if at all) - it
would be great if people tweeted using the #rpug hashtag or mailed the
list if the group changes locations. :-)

- Bjarni