Google Code Shutting Down

Neil Tiffin

Mar 12, 2015, 6:09:11 PM3/12/15
to rpostgr...@googlegroups.com
From: http://google-opensource.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html

"Beginning today, we have disabled new project creation on Google Code. We will be shutting down the service about 10 months from now on January 25th, 2016. Below, we provide links to migration tools designed to help you move your projects off of Google Code. We will also make ourselves available over the next three months to those projects that need help migrating from Google Code to other hosts.”

What is the thought here, move it, or let RPostgreSQL die in favor of the other R connectors?

Neil

Joe Conway

Mar 12, 2015, 8:02:41 PM3/12/15
to rpostgr...@googlegroups.com

Neil Tiffin

Mar 12, 2015, 9:25:01 PM3/12/15
to rpostgr...@googlegroups.com
Hadley Wickham was working on
https://github.com/rstats-db/RPostgres, it seems very active with commits over the last few months, but I have not been following the status.

There are several issues with RPostgreSQL, moving the repository, maintaining compatibility with R-DBI changes, and then there are a number of open issues that would normally have been responded to by Tomoaki, but he has been silent the last few months.

I probably have time to move the repository, but if we don’t have a maintainer for *nix and Windows, then it may be pointless.

Neil

Ian Gow

Mar 12, 2015, 9:32:31 PM3/12/15
to rpostgr...@googlegroups.com
On OS X, RPostgres seems to have Homebrew as a dependency. I took a look
at it, but it wanted to install all sorts of things from Homebrew (most
of which I already had) before complaining about my existing MacPorts
installation and giving up.