Error in postgresqlNewConnection(drv, ...) : expired manager

no...@vicomtech.org

May 26, 2016, 7:40:22 AM5/26/16
to RPostgreSQL Development and Discussion List

Hi all,

I have a piece of code to connect to a postgresql DB that was working fine until now. The code is simple:

    library("RPostgreSQL")
    drv <- dbDriver("PostgreSQL")
    con <- dbConnect(drv, host=myhost, dbname=somename, user=someuser, password=somepassword)

But after that last line I get an error:

    Error in postgresqlNewConnection(drv, ...) : expired manager

I think my software update program has recently updated R.

Has something changed in R that now I can't connect?

My OS is Ubuntu 14.04. Current R version: R version 3.3.0 (2016-05-03) -- "Supposedly Educational"

Thank you very much for any help!

Regards,
Noelia

Mark Bolden

Mar 31, 2017, 2:37:51 PM3/31/17
to RPostgreSQL Development and Discussion List
Just curious.. did you ever resolve this? I am having the same issue..

-Mark B

Alan...

Sep 21, 2017, 7:44:02 AM9/21/17
to RPostgreSQL Development and Discussion List
Load the PostgreSQL driver using :

drv<-dbDriver("PostgreSQL")

Alan