"minloadcrit"

Claire Goh

Jul 24, 2022, 11:43:54 PM7/24/22
to R package GGIR
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could explain how minloadcrit works?

Based on what I understand from the guide is that 72 is used as the default, and that this variable specifies the minimum number of hours that each subject/file would need to have before ggir can analyse the data?  (please correct me if my understanding is wrong :) )

If I ran ggir with a different minloadcrit value (e.g.100), would there be any difference than using 72? and if so, what/where would be the difference be seen in?

Thank you! :)

Regards,
Claire

Vincent van Hees

Aug 10, 2022, 7:12:12 AM8/10/22
to Claire Goh, R package GGIR
Hi Claire,

This was explained in the paper:

To minimize signal processing time, the autocalibration method initially only uses the first 72 h (3 days) of a measurement file based on which calibration error reduction is evaluated. If the file length is <3 days, then all available data are used. If calibration error is not reduced to <10 mg or if the ±300-mg criteria for ellipsoid data sparseness is not met, additional chunks of 12-h data are iteratively added until either error and sparseness criteria are met or until the end of the file is reached.

So, if you use minloadcrit = 100, it will read at least 100 hours and perform the autocalibration based on those before deciding whether to load more data or not.

As result, you may get (slightly) different output.

Vincent