imperative style code

Răzvan Rotaru

Oct 10, 2017, 5:39:50 AM10/10/17
to roylang
Hi,

Is imperative style code allowed in Roy (i.e. a function definition is a sequence of steps, with the return value coming from the last step). If so, then what would be the purpose of the do notation ?

Thanks,
Razvan

Brian McKenna

Oct 10, 2017, 7:06:21 AM10/10/17
to roy...@googlegroups.com
PureScript has the same goals I had with Roy but hits them much better:

http://www.purescript.org/

Similar to Roy, it's possible to violate referential transparency in
PureScript but you'll have to write FFI code to do it.

Răzvan Rotaru

Oct 10, 2017, 9:18:22 AM10/10/17
to roylang
So, the answer is no? :)

I know about purescript, I played with it a little. That's how I found out about Roy.